Lexington Fire Chief Ty Dickerson says a new truck will make rescues safer and quicker.
An electrical fire caused severe damage to a vacant house on Borden Road Tuesday night and left one firefighter with a minor injury. Local fire departments extinguished the blaze within 30 minutes.
The kitchen fire was traced to cardboard boxes that had been left on a stove. No one was hurt, and the building had no structural damage.
A couch fire from earlier that night reignited while the residents slept.
Residents lost everything but escaped unscathed. A Gofundme relief effort started within hours.
Pollutants have reached unhealthy levels — meaning people may feel ill even if they don’t have respiratory ailments — across much of Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee as well as portions of Alabama, North Carolina, Kentucky and Virginia.
Sixty-five firefighters helped extinguish the two-week blaze on the Augusta-Rockbridge county line.
A fire that left 10 Washington and Lee University students without a home was apparently started by a cigarette butt, according to Fire Chief Ty Dickerson.
A second fire on Fuller Street Wednesday was confined to the home’s chimney.
By Mike Agrippina A fire destroyed a home on White Oak Lane near Kerrs Creek on Tuesday afternoon. Rockbridge County…